Circling an Object in Blender
- Create a curve with your object at the center; scale it to size
- Create an empty at the center of the curve
- (in object mode) select camera, shift-select curve, ctrl+p, and "Follow curve"
Of course, the camera will just kinda stare in some direction. You need to add a "Track-to" modifier, which behaves weirdly.
- Select the camera
- Constraints -> Add Object Constraint -> Track To
- Select the target
- Adjust "To" to be -Y, and Up to by Y
Blender file: http://logrit.com/media/uploads/camera_circle.blend